Saturday, January 31, 2009
Saturday 9: Going to Pot
1. When was the last time you smoked pot?
Actually I've never done it... I have a smoke allergy so I have never tried
2. What do you think is your biggest weakness?
Being to nice maybe? I don't know keeping my mouth shut and letting people walk allover me.
3. What is your biggest fear?
4. Is there a particular goal that you’d like accomplish this year?
I want to get good grades and loose 50 lbs
5. What do you miss most from your youth?
6. What is your best physical feature?
7. Are you very confident?
no, not at all
8. Tell us about the last time you were drunk.
I was with some friends we went out after a stressful night at work and got completely trashed... then drove home like imbeciles.
9. Have you ever cheated on a lover?
yes, and its a good thing he doesn't read this because I've never told him.
Here's how to take part:
1. Write up and publish your journal page using the questions/picture ideas I have listed below into your blog entry. Be as descriptive as you can! (You may cut and paste them for the purpose to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook.) Please add your"picture thought" photo at the end of your daybook entry because all we love pictures!
FOR TODAY January 31st 2009...
Outside my window Is a day that looks WAY Warmer than it is, blue cloudless sky bright sun and a happy 40 degrees
I am thinking that I should really try to get a raise at work!
I am thankful for Kensei and my Family who I love VERY much
From the kitchen I made a REALLY good beef stew for my family when my mom went to Atlanta I had them all over to my appartment and made food. it was good even though I made it so my dad could eat too and it was gluten, sodium, and free from just about everything else!
I am wearing My uniform for work, white button down shirt and black pants with sneakers (they are pink!)
I am creating nothing right now
I am going to go out tonight and relax with a friend I havn't seen in a long time.
I am reading any romance novel I can get from yard, garage sales and thrift stores.
I am hoping things will work out with my family soon
I am hearing The washer and dryer in the laundry room and cars on the expressway
Around the house is a mess, I haven't finished unpacking anything and then i don't have a lot of storage space so I think that I won't finish.
One of my favorite things lying on the floor with a good book.
A few plans for the rest of the week Do some papers and work.
Here is picture thought I am sharing I don't have a picture right now because i am not on my computer.
Now This will offend some people I know but I want to point out that I love my mother and we generally have a pretty good relationship she just bothers me with somethings and this topic seemed to fit today. So here goes:
4.) Write a letter to someone who bothered you this week.
Why do you feel the need to involve me in everything? I understand that you love me and that you want my advice but there are so many things that you tell me I don't want to know. Why do you have to hurt Daddy and make our family life so much worse? Why didn't you guys just get divorced when I was four like you have told me every year from that time on that you were? I mean I am glad you didn't because if you had I wouldn't have Jujube and Air force for siblings, but wouldn't the world have been easier if you had? Why do you quit your job every four months and move to another one? I know that it is not just perhaps a midlife crisis because you have done it ever since I was a baby. And you always leave on bad terms, you quit with out notice and make yourself look bad. Why mom why? Then you "clean your law offices" in Atlanta, do you honestly think we don't know you are going to see your boyfriend? You take money to go there and never bring any back, its not right! You tell me all about the things you do with D*ck and then you make me promise to be quiet and not say anything to Daddy even if he asks. D*** is married too, why are you both tearing your families apart when you have told me you really don't love him he's just a good lay? You take the money from Daddy's account that he is using to pay the mortgage and then get mad when he asks you about it, we have moved six times in the past two years because we have lost our houses, why do you do this to our family? And I think what scares me the most is you used to talk about Papa doing this taking you to meet his girlfriends while Grandma stayed home and cried, you are doing the same thing to me. Am I going to turn out like you? I love you mom but I don't want to do the things you do, and it seems to me that they might be inherited. Am I going to wake up 20 years from now and find myself telling my daughter about my boyfried while her father and I fight? I don't want that mom. I have your eyes and your hair and your temper I don't want anything else of yours to.
Always your daughter
Saturday Social #38 AND #39!
Since I Saturday Social Rules:
- Post your answer to the Saturday Sociall question(s) in your blog. Be sure to put in a link to this entry and the blogger who tagged you too!Publish Post
- Come back, sign Mr. Linky and why not leave me a comment too ;)
- Tag your friends... better yet, tag a stranger (what better way to meet someone new!) You can tag 1 or 100, it is up to you. The more you tag, the more you will meet.
- Visit other Saturday Social participants by clicking their names in Mr. Linky!
completely forgot to ask a question this week, I will ask 2 this week. What type of computer do you have (laptop or desktop)? And, what is your favorite tv show?I Have both I use the laptop for school work and games and the desktop for music. Oooh TV shows... well my current favorite is Psych but my favorite shows change almost weekly because I will find another one to watch when I am at work
The Saturday Special~One Word To Start A Sentence Or Statement~
~Fill In The Blanks~
1. She Has lost her EVERLIVING MIND!!.
2. He is definitely happy about something.
3. We are going out tonight!! I just don't know where or when.
4. They think they are sooo much better than us because they are all into the game thing!
1. What is more important to you: your relationship with yourself or your relationship with those who are close to you? my relationship with those closest with me
2. Which of the above do you tend to have the least problem cultivating? I tend to make friends easy but I never know if they are true friends until its too late if they aren't/
3. Something goes wrong in your life. Of the people you are most likely to turn to, are they the same gender as you or the opposite? Well friend wise same gender but I would also talk to Kensei and he is a different gender.
4. Something goes wrong in a close friend’s life and you’re the person that friend chooses to call first. Is that person likely to be the same gender as you or the opposite? Same, I have more female friends than male.
5. Take the quiz: What Makes You a Good Friend?
You Are a Good Friend Because You're Honest
Like it or not, your friends are going to hear the truth from you.
You know that the truth hurts, but living a life of lies is much worse.
So while you're definitely kind and supportive, you don't pull any punches with your friends.
Everyone knows where they stand with you. And what you like and dislike about them.
While some may be initially turned off by your honesty, your friends have come to consider it a virtue.
After all, in world of white lies and deceptive politeness, you can be counted on for honesty and integrity.
Your friends need you most when: They need good advice or an intelligent opinion
You really can't be friends with: Needy, emotional people
Your friendship quote: "True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance."
6. What single trait listed in the response to question #5 would your closest friend most agree with?
Friday, January 30, 2009
1. I'd really like To be planning my OWN wedding right now.
2. Frick is the word you'd most often hear me say if I stubbed my toe.
3. Possession is nine tenths of the law.
4.Who doesn't love Captain Jack Sparrow?
5. Marshmallows and fire go together like Cotton candy and the fair.
6. I talk on and on.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to getting to go late to work, tomorrow my plans include Hanging out with my best Friend R although we are not sure where we are going or what we will wear and Sunday, I want to Sleep but i will be working!
If you want to copy it and put it on your blog, feel free to do so! You're supposed to bold the items on the list that you've done so readers can find out how you've led an awesome life so far...*snort* Here you go, the bold is what I've done:
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland (not land but i have been to world.)
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud... many, many times!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
I haven't done all that much but now I know what I want to do!
Have some fun, tell us what you've done! ;)
Thursday, January 29, 2009
So Even though I am majoring in psychology and photography M has decided that because she has no clue what she is doing, and she will be in Japan for most of the year that her two maids of honor, my and her sister T are going to be her wedding planners. The bad thing about this is T is only 15 years old so she's already said she won't be much help. M is also not going to be much help is seems. She is completely indecisive, wants everything perfect and wants everything as Cheap as possible. I don't really know her fiancee Navy Boy all that well so I don't know what he likes or what he doesn't like or what he wants. Also because M is going to be in Japan for most of the year she wants to be surprised but personally I think that she should be involved so that everything will go well. M also has no budget and not in the good spend whatever you want way. If anyone has any advice or suggestions I am open to and welcoming them all! I have less than a year to make this perfect and I am not quite sure how it will work out!
First: WOW!!!! I have Two Followers!!! Thanks SO MUCH!!! I've never had any followers before!
Second from The Un Mom (which is a great blog btw)
Why is it always the skinny girls that insist on offering weight loss advice? I mean, I guess they got skinny somehow. But can't they just fuck off and try not to snicker too loudly while I'm flailing around?
(Somewhere there's a skinny girl wondering, "Why are all the pudgy chicks such whiners?".) I'd also like to add why do some skinny girls have the nerve to complain about the fact they are smaller than they were?? M was calling me about the wedding dress she bought when she was 16 being a size four and not fitting her, I told her we could always take out or let in one size her response was "But Angel I'm a size zero now."
now for the ones I did actually write yesterday but didn't get the chance to post due to the loss of the computer.
1. Am I the only one in the world who writes her blogs on paper if I have no computer access?
2. Why is all college math useing Greek letters all the suddon? I mean some of us have enough problems with our own language and now we are writting in Greek.
3. Why does M not have ANY idea how she wants her wedding? Am I the only one who knew what she wanted when she was six and randomly changes her plans every year or so?
4. Why does January in SC feel like spring one day and winter the next? why can the weather not make up its mind?
5. Are you allowed to have Finger Foods at a wedding count as tacky??
6. if my school is having such a drastic budget cuts that the professors cannot print out syllabi do we have three new marble signs going up.
7. can you become addicted to caffine? when you go through withdraw is it like the drug withdrawls you see on the news? I am worried now because I have to give up the soda I drink everyday.
8. do you think it's possible for me to lose enough weight to be able to fit into a size eight dress for M's wedding.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
1. I so did not become obsessed with a tv show that has been on for four seasons, and stay up all night watching online episodes with korean subtitles.
2. I so Did not put off writting my paper for Psychology class.
3. I also did not burst into to tears and cry for three hours when I realized that I have lost all battery power and couldn't get the paper off the broken laptop.
4. I did not then borrow my brother's and mother's laptop in consecutive nights and put off the paper to watch Psych Episodes.
5. I did not pass out in the car and make the security guards at school knock on my windows every 15 min to make sure I was still alive. (I really Didn't ask them to do this they did it of their own violation.)
6. I did not call in late to work with the excuse of a flat tire when I just wanted to sleep an extra hour.
7. I did not expect to actually get one the next day
8. I did not pay $85 for the replacement charger for the broken laptop
9. I did not tell avoid my ex BFF A who I have not been avoiding for months now because she wants me to give her $$95 for a gucci or prada or dolce crib that I only offered to help her with $25 for.
10. I did not sleep at work last night! Honest!!!!
Okay well ya'll have a good week!!!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
This not been my week.
I have had a broken laptop, the power cord is broken so I can't charge it which wouldn't be a problem but my Psych paper (all 15 pages) was on that lap top, and now I can't get it! Then my car had a flat, which wouldn't have been bad but I didn't notice it until I heard the scraping sound on the ground, which has probably messed up the engine now.
On a good note I have made a really good alfredo sauce from scratch, I used a can of cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and milk, onions, garlic and flour. It was actually REALLY good.
I have a research paper to due by the end of Semester I am thinking about using Bewitched episodes and doing psycoanization on them and seeing what I get. It might be interesting.
"Like the fella once said ain't that a kick in the head?...Like the sailor said quote ain't that a hole in the boat?...My life is gonna be beautiful. I've sunshine enough to spead. It's just like the fella said Tell me quick! Ain't Love a kick in the head?!" Dean Martin
Do you consider yourself healthy?
No, not really especially with my lifestyle and eating habits.
Do you exercise?
Not as much as I should, I take the stairs to classes, and walk around my work, but that's it.
Are you careful in what you eat?
No, I eat Roman Noodles, Peanut Butter and Jelly a lot.
Have you started a diet recently?
Yes, but I am not good at sticking to it.
Do you know your BMI (Body Mass Indicator)?
44.3 which is REALLY BAD
Do you know your what your calorie intake should be a day?
2,072, but I know I go WAY over it
Saturday Social Rules:
Post your answer to the Saturday Social question(s) in your blog. Be sure to put in a link to this entry and the blogger who tagged you too!
Come back, sign Mr. Linky and why not leave me a comment too ;)
Tag your friends... better yet, tag a stranger (what better way to meet someone new!) You can tag 1 or 100, it is up to you. The more you tag, the more you will meet.
Visit other Saturday Social participants by clicking their names in Mr. Linky!
Hopefully when all is said and done you will have met some new bloggers, gained a few new readers and had fun!
Today's Saturday Social Question:
Have you ever broken a bone in your body?
Yes, I broke my leg in three places and pulled my ankle off of the bones when I was 18 years old. I was rushing to get ready to go clubbing with some friends, I had previously been to young to go and I was excited, I had gotten off of my waitressing job and was rushing to get dressed. the company that installed the air conditioner installed it backwards and it was leaking though the vent in my bathroom, I slid on the puddle and slammed my head against the tub, when i came to I looked at the leg and realised something wasn't right, so I tried to move it. That's when it hurt. I had to get pins and screws put into my leg and was laid up for almost a year before I was able to walk on it again.
I haven't broken anything else but I have fractured and twisted ankles and wrists an awful lot!
The Saturday Special
~ Words Ending in TER ~ I Say You Answer~
1. What Better...Way to spend a Rainy Saturday Afternoon than Blogging Memes
2. A Letter...Is a wonderful way to communicate with others and is quickly becoming a lost art form
3. The Center...of the universe
4. My Computer...has no powercord so I have to use the slow one at work.
1. If you could recycle only one of the following, would you be most likely to choose paper, aluminum cans or plastic containers?
Paper, because more trees mean more oxygen in the air
2. Check out your bathroom: what color are the metal fixtures: silver, gold, bronze, or pewter?
3. When cooking, do you prefer non-stick surfaces or traditional surfaces? Do you have more copper-bottomed pots or stainless steel?
Non-stick and they are all enameled bottoms.
4. Take the quiz: What’s Metal Are You?
|You Are Copper|
You live a very balanced life. You always take time for love and art.
You are both a powerful and generous person. You always have time to give back.
People find you to be incredibly ethical and loyal.
5. Consider the jewelry you wear most often: is it gold, silver, platinum or something else?
I wear mostly Gold and Silver
6. Have you ever had a piece of jewelry turn your skin a different color? Did anyone else notice before you did?
Yes, Green and I got a rash from a nickel chain on my neck, no one noticed before I did but the rash wouldn't go away for months!
1) What is the best part of your college experience so far?
The best part of my college experience so far is getting to go on Field studies. I am a Psychology major and minoring in photography, so I get to do it for both of them. I enjoy sitting in on sessions and learning new ways that I can do things if I ever get to open my own practice.
2) If you had $1000 to spend on random acts of kindness, how would you spend it?
I am actually my nature a very giving person, if I had $1000 I would probably do something like give waitress's $100 tips and stand in the Parking Lot at Wal-Mart and if I saw someone being nice I would give them $100, I would give away money to mom's and dad's too just because the economy is so bad and I have seen my family struggle.
3) What is the staple food of your diet?
Because I am being honest here, Roman noodles and Peanut Butter. I have learned how to make some wonderful meals with roman noodles, and they are cheap. If I were still unlimited (as in my mom and dad still bought my food) I would say my staple food would be Pasta. I'm an Italian girl so I feel the best when I'm eating pasta of any kind.
4) Would you move to another country if you would have the job of your dreams, even if it meant not ever coming home? Why do you say that?
Would I get to take anyone with me? I would have to say yes, depending on the country. I wouldn't want to move to the more war-torn places, because I am not a very lucky person so I would most likely come back in a bad way. If I could take Kensei with me I think I could handle it because at least I'd have someone, and then I'm optimistic that I could convince my family to visit me at the very least. I would be hard though, I would probably have to weigh the pros and cons of the decision first.
5) What makes you most proud of yourself?
I am most proud of the fact that I am going to school. My Dad told me when I told him I was going that they wouldn't pay for anything. I think it was mostly because growing up I was not a very studious person, I would prefer to read a book, or watch TV rather than study. So I am proud that I only have one more semester after this one for my first degree and that I plan on continuing on after that! I think that it shows I've grown up and become more mature and that makes me proud.
If you want me to give you one of these let me know!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Q1:Do you think the President of the United States should be paid a salary? Why or why not?
A1:Well I think that before he goes around reducing other's salaries he should reduce his, because then it would be justifable.
Q2: If an automobile driver kills an innocent person while talking on a cell phone while driving, do you feel they should be prosecuted for murder?
A2: Honestly Yes, we would charge them if they weren't on the phone why should being on the phone be any different? I would want them charged if it was me that was killed, or one of my family.
Q3 - Employment: If your employer told you the company was moving to a neighboring state and you had the choice to accept a 25% increase in salary and move with the company at the company's expense or take a severance package equal to 25% of your current salary with no opportunity to file for unemployment, what would you do?
A3: This one is easy, take the raise and move, right now the only thing I am doing in SC is school, and I could do that in any state, I am mainly working here to try to save money to move to TN and get married to Kensei, because I want a large wedding and a dress that will have to be made from scratch., the extra money I could save, because I would probably be spending the same amount on rent ect.
Q4 - Sleep: Studies show most people fall asleep within seven (7) minutes of placing their head to a bedroom pillow. Generally speaking, how long do you think it takes you to fall asleep, and, do you do anything special (e.g., take a pill, listen to the radio, watch television, read a book or magazine) to help you fall asleep?
A4- another easy one, I call Kensei, even though I love to talk to him at night he makes me fall asleep when I talk to him.
Q1: When you are reading someone else’s blog, do you read ALL of the comments that were left before you got to it? Or do you just skip to the end to leave your comment?
A1:It depends most of the time I leave my comment and then read the others!
Q2: Is it harder for you to eat healthy or get exercise?
A2: Both, I have never been one for eating healthy although I've tried many times, and I don't really have the time or willpower to exercise consistenly.
Q3: What would you do for fun if you had to give up tv, movies, electronic games and the internet?
A3: READ!!!! I love to read books! Romance Novels mostly, but any type! so I would move into a bookstore and read!
What types of blogs do you usually read?
Mom Blogs, and funny blogs
What kinds of products do you usually buy when you shop online?
Sailor Moon and Bento Boxes and products, I love to make Bento Lunches!
What kinds of online videos do you usually spend time watching?
TV Shows like Bewitched and Anime like Moon Phase, Peach Girl and Sailor Moon.
Besides Friday 5, what weekly memes do you particularly enjoy?
Manic Monday, Friday Fill In, Thursday Thirteen, Random Tuesday Thoughts, thats it so far!
Where do you like to go for streaming online music?
Thanks For Stopping by!!!
Manic Monday #151
What do you do to make yourself feel better when you are sick?
I like to lie in bed and read a really good romance novel if I am in SC by myself, if I am in TN with KenseiI like to cuddle up with him on the couch and he rubs my head, lol its almost like a petting a kitty kat motion but I find it relaxing.
What is the most amazing weather you've ever seen?
We had a summer Storm in SC once, where the wind was so strong and it was raining so hard the streets were flooding, and right in the middle of the storm, even though it was still pouring and windy the sun was shinning so bright it was just georgous.
Do you listen to music or talk radio in the car?
Music, but I like to listen to it on my MP3 player mostly, and it is usually Big Band, Rat Pack, Sinatra or 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s music, I'm not fond of the stuff now.
Manic Monday #150
If you were to name the most creative outlet that you have, what would it be?
Writing, not usually in a blog but I write stories, that I never finish
What spot in your body would you say is the center of your emotional being?
hmm, this is a hard one, the center of my emotional being, would be my gut, most of my emotions start there so i guess that would make it the center.
What do you think is the secret to a tranquil soul?
The Secret to a tranquil soul is to not obsess over everything (What I do) and to be able to relax in any situation
Manic Monday #149
Do you have any idiosyncrasies or unusual quirks when it comes to food and/or eating?
oh yes! I can't stand it when people talk with their mouths full, and when we eat out I tend to order food and then take almost the entire meal and put it in a to-go box and bring it home to eat there this drives Kensei and my family insane!!
Have you ever written love letters?
Yes, I have written them to Kensei, and actually the boyfriend before him
If so, do you still have any of them?
Well, I don't have them, but Kensei says he still has a few in boxes somewhere, (He's a pack rat but not a very emotional one)
How easy or difficult is it for you to say you're sorry?
Alot harder than I would think, I have a lot of pride and swallowing it to admit I was wrong is one mf my biggest flaws
1. Oh, I am so annoyed! I am having to deal with the worlds loudest and most annoying family reunion at the hotel!
2. I lothe changes, big and little.
3. During classes, I think about random cute anime figures all getting together in one room and amuseing me.
4. Miley Cyrus had a 20 year old male sleep over ; are you kidding me??? What were her parents thinking??
5. Right now I'd like to be Thinner.
6. My Camera is my favorite gadget.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Hopefully going to see Bride Wars and Inkheart, tomorrow my plans include Work and Sunday, I want to Sleep, but I will be at work from 7-11!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Well I am new at these so here is my First Thursday 13
Thirteen Places I Want to Visit:
2: Japan-To buy Anime, nuf said
3: NYC- Broadway, Shopping, the MET, Heaven for me
4: Greece: a summer on a lovely Island like those...
5: Australia: I want to go Diving in the reefs
6: Scotland: just to see the highlands once
7: Ireland: to see if it looks like what I've dreamed of
8: Switzerland: during winter, I love snow
9: Spain: to see the dancers and summer
10: England: just for fun
Take a Look at some others!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Normally I don't post Videos, but when I saw this on the news I just about cried! I LOVE romantic sappy stuff like this and did ya'll see her face when she Realized what was going on?? Proposing is so hard to do in a surprising fashion anymore! So I don't know how many people actually Read my blogging but if you do, what is the most perfect way that it could happen to you? or that it did happen for my Married and Engaged friends?
On the same and yet a different note how strange is this? I've agreed to let the Kensei (IF HE EVER PROPOSES!!!) come down the isle to Darth Vader's theme on the condition that it stops before I start walking down the isle, I suppose its better than that song they play at funerals which I'm sure he's the type to consider, you know the one I mean.
this one is even worse than the ones from before isn't this horrible??? I think if i were her I would kill the best man! wouldn't you??
Okay now that the movies are done:
I got these in an Email today: they are too cute! When I get old this is how I want to be
HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.
George Phillips of Marsh Green, Wigan was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.
George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.
He phoned the police, who asked 'Is someone in your house?' and he said 'no'. Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available. George said, 'Okay,' hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again.
'Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them.' Then he hung up.
Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response Unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence and caught the burglars red-handed.
One of the Policemen said to George: 'I thought you said that you'd shot them!'
George said, 'I thought you said there was nobody available!'
Don't mess with old people!!
According to CNN, NBC, ABC, and WLTX I missed a wonderful speech and should have been there.
Today was a Snow Day for everyone in Columbia SC BUT my school. We only had a delay until 10. My Siblings J & J had no school, The District called at 5pm yesterday afternoon to let us know that under NO circumstances would they have school today. I go to work and at two o'clock in the morning the college web-site FINALLY updates with "Classes will be delayed until 10 am" Now I am Sure this was a great Idea because some people don't get off work at 7:30 in the morning and drive to the school parking lot and sleep until class at 10, some people only have one class that is at 8 and are happy to stay home and sleep, not me! I went to the parking lot and parked between the lines (there's another topic i will get to in a few moments) pulled out my pillow and blanket (I have a fluffier and warmer one that i put in the car for tomorrow) and went to sleep until 10.
Why do people INSIST on commenting on others parking jobs?? As I said I got to school at 7:45ish in the morning. So I pulled into the parking space and got out to make sure I was between the lines, I was, I was leaning a little close to one side, but still between the lines. Went into the back seat and went to sleep. I woke up at ten and there was a note stuck in my driver's side door, not from campu police, but from another student, Who could have knocked on the window as I was CLEARLY in the back seat asleep and said this to my face. "Thanks so much! Parking is a premium here and you need to go back and learn how. B****" When I read said note, I looked again at my parking, car hadn't moved I was still between the lines, and this colored my day.
On a more random note I've lived in NY, and Ohio, I've lived in UPSTATE NY, Buffalo, Rochester places like that, this was not a snow day! My relatives up there would have flipped if they heard the cancellations for the Tiny bit of snow.
On a Random Side note did you know the weather channel says it is warmer in Alaska than in Columbia this past weekend, it was 32 degrees in Alaska when it was 10 degrees in Columbia! How messed up is that??
Kensei and I were talking about about the fact that I need a new job, I work at a hotel, so I work three shifts, I am here from 11 pm-7 am, or 3pm-11pm or 7am-3pm. I have no set sleep schedule, and Kensei poor thing that he is stays up to talk to me on the phone when I work the Audit shift, but he goes to work at six am, so It's not practical for him either.
next thought, in History class today we learned about Ransom Olds, The original creator of the Oldsmobile. I think the name Ransom is really cute, we don't use old fashioned names like that anymore, I think I will see if Kensei will go for naming our first son Ransom.
so I think this is all I can think about now, so my ramblings are done!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Do You want to know one of the worst things about staying in your hometown for college during a Recession/Depression what ever they are calling it these days? Watching your high school jobs close down.
my town is not a busy town, in fact even though it is the capital of SC we don't get much traffic here, I mean honestly who wants to travel to see the capital of SC when there are so many other more interesting places to visit? The most business that most places around here get is Thursday, Friday and Saturday because we do have FT. Jackson which is a training base for the Army, so they graduate once a week on Thursdays. then you have the high school kids on fridays and saturdays. but thats it. Even my job at a hotel we are lucky to have seven rooms on days between sunday and wensday.
I went to the mall I lived in during highschool, I worked there, I played there, I shoped there, I made friends there. The bookstore I used to work aat has signs all over it saying going out of business, the food court has almost everything shut down, macy's is closeing. the halls are so quiet and empty you can have a go cart track on the first floor and roller skate on the second. The clerks all stand and watch as no one walks by. It's sad.
I remember reading about The Great Depression in high school how we laughed about people who used to have high jobs in sales being lowered to apple sellers, as I look around I can see the managers and people who have worked their jobs for upwards of 20 years in aprons on the corner calling out about apples, and hot peanuts. maybe it is my iminagation over reacting, it wouldn't be the first time, but I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that maybe its not, and maybe this is all real... and if it is where do I stand? Am I an Apple Seller or a newspaper girl? Do I even have a future job? These things go through my mind as I walk the empty hallways and see the employee's faces light up just until they realise I am not buying anything and they fall again.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
1st, to get into shape I am not in shape and I always say I will but never do, so hopefully This year i will try harder
2nd, in accordance with number 1 I am going to bring food from home to school and work, so that I am not always buying fast food.
3rd, get better grades in school, I have added a second major so I will have extra work and I need to make sure i generally stay about C or B level in my classes, as I have fallen behind the past few years.
4th, relax more, between work, school and stress I haven't been very relaxed lately, I want to be able to go out with female friends to have like a spa day at least once a month, no matter what!
5th, SAVE MONEY!!! I am doing a COMPLETE budget redo this year I want to be able to have enough money at this time next year to be able to move to TN to get an apartment near Kensei. This means cutting down on shopping, not buying things if I don't need them and not spending money on mooching friends....
Which brings us to the SECOND point, Cutting off the excess clutter:
I also have a pileup of Fair Weather Friends, you know those friends who are there when things are good and when they can get something for themselves, but not when things are not about and/or revolving around them.
I have a rather alarming tendency to agree to do anything and buy anything and well do anything if you can give me enough of a sob story that it tugs on my heartstrings, or else you put a kid in my arms.
Well I have decided that one of my new years resolutions is going to be to not be such a soft touch, a bleeding heart, a well whatever you want to call it. Now I'm not sure how this is going to work with my family but with my friends that's it.
I'm going cold turkey.
I've already taken the first step by removing the phone numbers and Screen Name's of people who tend to do that to me, in addition I think that perhaps as part of my self therapy what I would normally have spent on things for those fair weather friends, will be to try to save as much as possible.
Now I know that this move is a little out of character for me but I have been thinking about things a lot lately and I am sick and tired of being the one that people push around and walk over.
Well I am not actually the best at beginning and I cannot promise to update faithfully, but I will try. I suppose I should start this off with a little about me:
Name: Is not Angel but I am one of those fanatics that refuse to leave real names online, so I use a nickname
Age: Currently I am 22 years old
Status: As if you couldn't tell College Student and Worker in everyday Life
Kids? None yet but I want them
Married? not yet
not the cutest in the bunch.
If you read this and have any other Questions you want answered just comment and I will add them!
Okay now on to life:
Happy New Year (Late), Spring Semester just started and already I am having problems with financial aid. They took away my loan and so I have no actual funds to pay for classes or to by books, and I only have until the 24th to buy the books. Other than that Classes should be great I have a teacher that is a cross of Dr Cox from Scrubs and House from House, looking forward to his class the most.
Friends: I will never use anyone's real names but after a while you should be able to recognize their nicknames
M is one of my best friends at school, She is funny and full of life, not the best student but she's an absolute gas to hang around with. We are currently on her 6th boyfriend this month (yes I know the month just started) and her Second Fiancee. She says she will be flying to Japan to be married in March. I am her maid of honor so we will see if I can go. Hope for me!!
Kensei is my fiancee, we have been dateing for almost eight years now, you will here lots of things about him.
If you had asked me in High school what I would be doing five years after graduation I never would have guessed that this is where I'd be. My Dreams then were to be married, with kids, and a career either as an Actress or a Fashion Photographer, my how things change. In Reality I am a front desk clerk at a chain hotel, still getting my Associates degree, and fighting with my friends over little things.
That is it for now, nothing really interesting has happened to me today