Back? Okay so Here is the Description of the project from the Website:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (i.e.. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple challenges such as New Year’s resolutions or a ‘Bucket List’. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
My new start date is Monday, October 17, 2011 so my new completion day is going to be Monday, July 14, 2014; and I hope that I have a lot of the things done on my list by then! I even added an update on the 101 in 1001 list every month!Items in Pink have been completed.
Items in Purple can no longer be completed in this time frame.
Items in Blue are things I decided I didn’t want to do after all.
On to the list!!
- Get a passport
- Visit Italy, and Greece
- Visit Canada
- Visit Europe
- Visit Japan
- Get Passport stamped
- Take a Train somewhere
- Go To NYC
- Go to New Orleans
- Move to Memphis Completed Nov 9th 2012
- Visit a Winery
- Go on a Cruise
- have a yard sale.
- Get my teeth whitened.
- Get a Brazilian body wax (OWWWW)
- Get a tattoo
- Get a Spray Tan
- Take another surfing lesson
- Learn to waltz properly
- Make a family favorite recipe book.
- Get family portrait taken.
- Blog more often
- Write a letter to myself to open after the 1001 days is up
- Send out Christmas cards
- Buy new bedroom set
- Get a Digital SLR Camera (Got one for Christmas 2012)
- Get hair done regularly, (highlights and trims)
- buy a Little Black Dress
- Wear LBD to an actual function
- Get married (Or at least engaged officially)
- Go on an official “first date” with Kensei
- Get pregnant
- Have a baby
- go on a honeymoon
- go with Kensei to Disney World
- Save all my change for at least two months and not spend it
- Save 50 from each paycheck for a total of 8 months (0/8)
- Track spending for six months and try to create a new budget that works and saves me money!
- Have at very least 6 months emergency money
- Put at least 50 a paycheck into IRA
- Make a living will
- Get a safe
- try to pay down my debt
- get a higher credit score
- get an actual credit card and use it once, pay it off and then never again
- Buy nothing but food/gas for two weeks
- Dance in the pouring rain
- Get my Palm Read or visit a psychic with a friend
- Send a message in a bottle
- Kiss in the rain
- Buy 20 scratch tickets and only scratch them once I have all 20 (0/20)
- Go Salsa Dancing
- Send and receive a Post-crossing Postcard!
- shoot a gun
- Kiss Someone at midnight on new years eve
- get belly button pierced (once I loose weight)
- Make a wish on November 11th, 2011 at 11:11.
- wear heels for at least a week
- Complete a new What’s in your Purse Entry (11-2-11)
- Write handwritten letters to 15 people telling them how important they are to me (3/15)
- Write down my current favorite song at the end of each month and make a playlist at the end of 101. (0/33)
- Buy myself flowers every week for a month. (0/4)
- Listen to Christmas carols everyday from 1st Dec till Christmas day.
- pray novena once a month
- Walk along the Great Wall of China
- Donate all my unwanted books to friends or to the local book store
- See an Opera, Play and Ballet
- Clean out the black hole known as my closet (1-21-2012)
- Organize everything and get rid of things that, I don’t want, don’t need or are just to ratty to keep (1-21-12)
- Donate clothes I don’t wear (1-25-12)
- Organize all my books in aphetically by author's last name
- and donate the ones I no longer want
- Have at least 3 COMPLETED books series of more that 5 books each (0/3)
- Update 101 in 1001 list every month!
- Keep Car Cleaned for 2 consecutive months!
- Clean Bedroom (1-21-12)
- Organize Bedroom (1-21-12)
- Keep it that way for 3 months
- unpack all boxes and go through them (1-26-12)
- make another 101 in 1001 list
- Photograph old graveyards, I am thinking Charleston and Savannah before I move
- Make and complete a scrapbook
- Draw a heart in 50 places and take pictures of it [0/50]
- Transfer to a University!
- keep a 3.0 GPA for at least one semester
- Get Photo Portfolio done
- Become more flexible
- Find a new exercise routine and stick with it.
- Drink more water
- Get emotional/bored eating under better control
- Get My weight down to at least 195lbs
- Give Up Sugar for one month
- Take a Poll dancing class
- Drink 8 Glasses Water/day for at least 7 days (0/7)
- Get healthy enough to donate blood.
- Eat one piece of fresh fruit every day for 30 days – (0/30)
- No fast food for two weeks
- donate Blood
- drink only water for three days
- Join Weight Watchers 1/2012
- take a multivitamin and iron pills for at least one month no skipping
Things successfully completed on my old list!
- Sing In public (karaoke with M)
- Stop biting my nails (and keep them long)
- Participate in at least 3 swaps (See the Posts on)
- Pay for the person behind me 5 times
- Get a Car
- Equip my car with an emergency kit (don’t you love how that implies get a car)
- Meet a blog friend in real life !! I met ATLYankeeBell, not only are we blog friends but pen pals too!!