Sunday, July 14, 2013

Books and Their Covers

I love to read. I love books, I adore books that are pretty and catch my eyes.  But I despise cover redesigns!

These are a few books I love, whose new covers I hate, or think they just don’t go with the series.

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)The Immortal Rules: I LOVED this book, and it was a total cover impulse buy, it screams vampire and makes me want to know what the story is inside.

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)Book 2 in the series; this is just not as eye catching to me and honestly if I saw it and hadn’t read book 1 I’d probably walk right by it.

 

The very first set of books I had problems with the redesigning of a cover was Karen Marie Moning’s Highlander series. I bought the first 4 books in the series before the cover redesigns,

The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3)To Tame a Highland WarriorBeyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1)Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4)

They are whimsical, fun, purple color palates they are pretty. Then after the first 4 they redid the covers for the entire series…. and I wish they had stuck with it…

So to finish the series all the rest of the books look like this… and I’m NOT a fan. They aren’t nearly as interesting to me as the original covers and there is no way for me to get the new books in the original covers. I just wish they had waited until the end of the series to change the look.

The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5)Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4)Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1)To Tame A Highland Warrior (Highlander #2)The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3)

 

Now for a few covers I ADORE, these books I am sad to say actually caused me to buy the book with out even reading the back it was love at first view of the cover, a few didn’t stand up to their cover art and I ended up not loving the book but the rest did!

EntwinedThe Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)

Enchanted (Woodcutter Sisters #1)Enchanted was the only one that REALLY didn’t do it for me, but I LOVE the cover. if you want to read my review of it click here!

 

Do you like when covers change? Am I just a strange and obsessive person?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...