Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday, a Dreamy Boring day

Today has been a very boring day. I woke up to the ring of my cell phone while my mother yelled at me. I then finished two books and wished my life was more like the ones in my books. Then I finished reading Jujube A Little Princess and realized that my high expectations had actually started when I was very young.

I also went to do a Sunday meme, and it also linked to my boredom today. While Piper is a horror movie buff I am the musical girl. Sit me in front of Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire any movie with singing and dancing no matter what age it was intended and you won't hear a peep from me except maybe a giggle now and then. I love any musical I can get my hands on.

I have always thought that I lived in the wrong time, I would feel perfectly at home almost anywhere in history, even without the Internet.
Almost every song I own is from a musical. I love to watch old movies with Cary Grant, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, and Frank Sinatra. I have always been obsessed.
My mother blames my grandmother for making her watch them while she was pregnant and for the firs Christmas (I was born in September) Watching White Christmas forty times while holding me, apparently family legend is that during that Christmas I would only stop crying if I heard Bing Crosby.

I always used to joke that my kids would grow up watching the movies I always loved so much.
I have always been able to take a situation and turn it into something I saw in a musical once.

There is a reason that this disjointed post is like this, I was looking at the Sunday Meme's and saw this prompt.


randomness...feed your mind and your blogweek of June 28: Imagine This Imagine your life story was being made into a movie. What would the title be? What actor would play your part? What genre of film would it be? Would it be a tear jerker? A musical? A comedy? A romance?
till next time...





Imagine your life story was being made into a movie. What would the title be? What actor would play your part? What genre of film would it be? Would it be a tear jerker? A musical? A comedy? A romance?

MY life a movie??? A musical of course. Then I started thinking about how dull my life is and decided to stick to the actual questions. I would want my part played by.... well a now actress Jessica Alba, (I know I look nothing like her) and for Kensei I want Gene Kelly or Bing Crosby (I know I know, but this is fantasy right??) Piper could be played by Ginger Rodgers, Jujube I would want played by Shirley Temple, well I could cast the whole thing! As for the title I am not sure... I wrote a story once called a Series of unfortunate Mishaps. maybe something along those lines.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A musical, eh? I've never been directly asked what my life would be like as a movie, but I imagine it would probably be a musical too--lol, if only for the number of musicians in it!
My friends back in HS and I used to joke about hearing background scores during life. Every once in a while, when something dramatic would happen, we'd burst out in our own background music.

Then again, we were nerds.

:laughs:

On a totally related note, I don't think I've ever actually watched White Christmas.

Sara said...

I, too, have often felt that I was born too late. Even as a child, I found myself wishing that I had been born in an earlier time. Books were my escape, and I was a frequent escape artist when I was young.

My favorite movies are still older ones, especially musicals. I have been known to put on a musical and sing & dance along with it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...