Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Influenster Beauty VoxBox Review!

So have you guys heard about Influenster yet? It’s an invitation site a lot like birchbox where you can get a box of fun items to review! I was lucky enough to be chosen for their Beauty Voxbox, and here is what I got! 20121018_162308

It comes in a super classy white box, with the Influenster sticker on it. When you open the box up this is what you see!

20121018_162338

First I got a travel size of Not Your Mothers Smooth Moves Frizz Control cream:20121018_162403

This was great for me because my hair is REALLY frizzy! It smells amazing like coconut, and a little goes a LONG way! Unfortunately if you put more then a few drops on it can make your hair look greasy and crunchy.

20121018_162423

NYC Limited edition eye shadow palette: $4.99 at drugstores:

I liked the fact that it came with both a primer and a highlighter, that makes this a good travel palette, BUT the shadows didn’t have much pigmentation for me and were VERY powdery, Wet and Wild has some trios for 2.99 that are much better pigmentation and creamy. I am going to try using the silver and black wet to see if that helps any.  20121018_162435

I have seen people rave about these Goody spin pins, I have mid back length long thick frizzy kinky hair and am always looking for a way to put my hair back that won’t cause damage and breakage. I wear my hair in a lot of buns at work and figured that by using these I would be able to not use the damaging pony tail holders as much. You have to twist them in and I feel like it is snapping my hair when I twist and I don’t get a very secure hold, maybe it is because I need more then two because of the amount of hair I am attempting to use?

 20121018_162446This product I have already used, I got it in a birchbox a while back and it wasn’t bad. It’s a single serve packet of orange drink, that reminds me a lot of Tang, remember Tang? It is supposed to be a “Healthy Energy Drink” and while I didn’t feel more energetic, I know that this is probably more healthy then a soda or a red bull. It does KIND of remind me a little of Alka-Seltzer though.

 20121018_162500I WANTED to LOVE these so freaking much! I am awful at applying false lashes, they never look right, stay on or feel right so this little kit seemed like a dream come true, but and this could be complete user error, I couldn’t get the lashes to stay with the provided glue. I tried EVERYTHING I could think of… any one have any false lash tricks???

20121018_162522

This was honestly my favorite part of the Voxbox! I got a mini Bath and Body Works candle in Cider Lane, and a coupon for a 3 wick candle for $10!! The smell was amazing and I love Cider Lane, my only complaint, and honestly this is more BBW’s fault, It is October and I went to the store to get a full sized Cider Lane, they are completely done with their fall scents and have moved on to Winter, WTF?? I know the stores are starting Christmas but it is not even Halloween yet… So I got a Christmas full sized candle instead.

Check out Influenster’s new look and if you want an invite I’ll send you one!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

wasn't this box awesome

Unknown said...

I'm glad you said that about the cream! I must have put to much in my hair because it literally took me TWO days to wash out! It felt sooo greasy!

Nicole said...

I look forward to my VixBox!

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

this was probably my favorite box too. I have a hard time with those pins in my hair b/c my hair is so thin but I loved the eyeshadow and the candle!! Very impressed with this one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...