Thursday, May 28, 2009

writers workshop


1.) What is your life's anthem? You know...that song that is ALWAYS in your head. The one you'd go to sing first if someone told you to sing a song right NOW. What is it and what does it mean to you?
(inspired by Tattooed Minivan Mom)

I would sing "can I make it through the 80s by Julie Brown. I know it's not the 80s any more but that is one of my favorite songs. The only other song that come to mind is 'Cause I'm a blond. Both of these were joking referred to as my theme songs in high school. I can't find a video for the 80s so here's I'm a blond. Just don't watch with out a sense of humor.

(This is from one of my favorite movies.)




2.) We love telemarketers don't we!?! Describe a memorable experience you had with one.
(inspired by Literal Dan)
I almost made one cry once... I was really upset and was waiting for a friend to call, we didn't have call waiting then, and he called and wanted to talk to my parents. I couldn't get him to hang up and so I blurted out that my parents had just been in a car accident and didn't make it. I was already crying so I guess he thought I was telling the truth and tried to console me and because I was already upset and in my its all about me phase of course it didn't work. but he apologized and sounded upset when he hung up. I still feel a little bad about that time.

3.) How much does focusing on weight affect your daily life?
(inspired by Musings Of A Blond Mom)

A lot more than it should. I was actually rather active before "The Accident" which I will tell you all about later. but because of it I was laid up for over a year, not allowed off the couch. I have not gotten back up to the same activity level nor have I worked off the weight I gained while laid up.

4.) Describe in what ways you expect too much from your significant other. Do they deserve an apology?
(inspired by Carty Party Of Three)


This one unfortunately I don't see Kensei enough to go there..

5.) List ten things that make you HAPPY.
(inspired by our irritation at our own complaining from last weeks "Sick Of" posts.)

I am happy when I am:

1. reading a good book (throw in any good ones you've read recently)

2. watching a good movie

3. hanging out with my friends

4. hanging out with Kensei

5. Going dancing I love love love to dance and don't do it nearly enough

6. sleeping

7. reading blogs

8. cooking

9. baking most especially

10. with my family.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your list of 10 things was perfect! I love it! I just read a great book and I can't stop thinking about it! Water for Elephants. Since you love them I thought I would throw that out there for you : ). Hope your week is wonderful! I hope Kensei can stop working less soon. Gary works ALL the time too and it is very stressful!

Unknown said...

I have to admit that Julie Brown along with Cyndi Lauper made that era. Good choice of song, but I'm betting it is not really your theme song.

I know what you mean about being laid up. I once spent 9 months in a half body cast. It takes forever to return to the conditions prior to the incapacitation. Good luck and good speed.

Amy said...

I love dancing too especially with my gal pals. Now that we are all moms we don't get to go dancing much.

MIITB said...

That Blonde Song is hilarious and horrible. Thanks, now it's going to be stuck in my head all.day.long. :)

That Girl said...

oh no, sorry to hear about your accident.
great list of 10 things!

Unknown said...

I really like your list of 10. I probably should have had reading on my list too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...