Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Papa…

Well this is actually a little late, but I think I can finally write about it with out crying, or getting angry. First the official obit, (names Changed)

 

Albert S.

Photo

Albert S
Henrietta: Passed away Tuesday, January 12, 2010, at age 75. He was predeceased by his wife, Patricia; parents, Albert I. Sr. and Evelyn. Survived by his son, Alan; daughter, Cheryl, Son in law- Peter. of S.C.; grandchildren, Air Force, Angel and Jujube.  Albert was a United States Army Veteran serving during the Korean War, an avid golfer and bowler.

Photo

 

So that is what the paper, and my uncle put in about my Papa.  The man who told me stories about Italy, and help my Nana, (his mother) teach me to cook, taught me to swim, and would dance around his house singing Frank Sinatra and Rat Pack songs with me. 

The man that taught me that no matter how hard life is you just have to keep trying, and fighting, and making yourself strong.

He cried with me while I raged against the fact I wasn’t there when his wife, and my Grandma DeeDee passed, because my mother didn’t even tell me she was sick. He was there when my Nana passed and I cried at her grave and didn’t want to move.  I remember him picking me up like weighed nothing and carrying me to the car.

I was very angry when he died, my mother refused to let us go see him in the hospital, she was fighting with him.. I never really said goodbye. The last conversation I had with him only lasted ten minuets at most, I called him for new year’s he had just gotten out of the hospital from Christmas, brain tumors, and he was sick, but he told me he was much better, and I was in a hurry so I rushed off the phone. and that was it.

 

I always planned on having Papa sing to me when I got married, if he even came. When I was little he gave me a list of guys I couldn’t date, and me being the smart aleck I was asked him then who was I allowed to date? He laughed and told me I could be a good little catholic girl and join a nunnery, then every birthday, and Christmas along with my gifts would come a brochure for a different one.

I miss him so much and listening to the radio the other night I heard two songs that made me think of him, and even though I cried and still do, I just want to think of him looking down, and sitting with my Grandma DeeDee, and Nana and Grandpa Paul, and watching me smiling.

2 comments:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Ohhh. This is heartbreaking. this will be inadequete: I am sorry for your loss. But I am glad you had someone like him in your life!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

This made me tear up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...