Sunday, August 11, 2013

Angel Reads: Bewitching: The Kendra Chronicles

Bewitching: The Kendra Chronicles

Bewitching is a book I was REALLY Interested to read, although it didn’t live completely up to my expectations I loved seeing Kendra in another book.

The start of the synopsis makes this book seem like it will be mostly about Kendra; spoiler alert it isn’t BUT I still enjoyed it immensely! Here is the synopsis:

:"”Bewitching can be a beast. . . .
Once, I put a curse on a beastly and arrogant high school boy. That one turned out all right. Others didn’t.
I go to a new school now—one where no one knows that I should have graduated long ago. I’m not still here because I’m stupid; I just don’t age.
You see, I’m immortal. And I pretty much know everything after hundreds of years—except for when to take my powers and butt out.”

I loved Beastly and was super excited that this book would be about Kendra, unfortunately while we do get to see how she got to where she is and learn about her past a little, it is mostly about a girl named Emma and her stepsister  Lissette.

I need to put it out there… Lissette is really evil! I mean how did her parents not see the things she was doing/way she was treating Emma is beyond me.

throughout the story of Emma and Lissette little chapters about Kendra pop up, they really don’t mix well with the story other than to provide backstory, and insight into Kendra, they are little fairy tales, like The Mermaid, Princess and the Pea, and Hansel and Gretel.

This is at heart though a retelling on Cinderella, only it’s a little twisted  in the way of what if the stepsister wasn’t wicked, just manipulated?

Bewitched really makes you want to keep reading, I wanted to see how Emma’s Life turned out and the tiny cameo from Beastly made me smile. I really hope that we get an ACTUAL Kendra story soon!!!

 

Have you read Bewitched? What did you think??

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...