Thursday, August 08, 2013

Angel Reads: Of Poseidon

Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1)

Of Poseidon By Anna Banks, I really enjoyed this book, 4 out of 5 stars for me.

I do feel the need to point out that Ms. Banks should have done a LITTLE more mythology research because she claims Poseidon and Triton are brothers. As a mythology buff I know that Triton is actually the SON of Poseidon and Amphitrite. That would not have worked well in her story, BUT it is what the real relationship is.

First off Yes, I picked this book up because of the Cover. Can we say pretty??

This book starts off with a huge bang, before the end of the first chapter I’d met the hero and his sister, the Heroine and saw the heroine’s best friend die in front of her.

I think more female leads need to be like Emma, she is spunky fiery, stubborn and not afraid to speak her mind in the least. She is determined not to just sit there and take it like some female leads nowadays.

On the other hand Galen is the typical male lead, he instantly falls in love with her, has to have her, even though it could mean the death of his entire race, and is overbearing, possessive, and obsessive.

One thing I did NOT like was the way the side story of Toraf and Rayanna. I did not like the way the Syrena as they are called married her with out her even being there and then she couldn’t even argue about it because well girls don’t get a say. Plus on top of that even though she doesn’t want to be married to Toraf as soon as he kisses another girl she is good with being married??

I loved how Anna Banks combined her mythology (even though some of it was wrong) and the search for Emma’s heritage really made the story for me. I am looking forward to book 2!

 

Have you read OF Poseidon? Is it on your to be read list? What did you think I would love to know!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...