Thursday, March 20, 2014

Angel Reads: Before Midnight

 

I recived a copy of this book from NetGalley for an honest review--

18080255

I will go a head and let you know that I really enjoyed this book, (and it is currently free on Amazon!Before Midnight (Book 1) (Blood Prince Series) )

In fact I liked the book enough to get the 2nd and 3rd books as well. I give this book 4 stars. At it’s heart it is a retelling of a Cinderella story, I am a major sucker for fairy tale retellings. I will say that as the first book in a series there is a LOT of world building, there is mixed mythology in the Vampires, Angels, Demons and Gods as well as werewolves and shifters.

BUT the story while it is a retelling and you know how it is going to end because of that fact it really pulls out a great story.

Lupe is a wonderful main character, she grows throughout the story, you can really feel her emotions and see where she came from and went.

The instant attraction between Lupe and the Prince is nicely done, it isn’t the I saw him and we are so in love now, that a lot of books have been doing lately.  But a hey he’s kinda cute but  I have stuff to do. which I like.

I hope that you will give this book a chance because the story is uniquely a twist and Lupe is a great character.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...