Tuesday, March 04, 2014

The Big 20/20 Event: Day 4: A Heartfelt Love Card Tutorial

This post is brought to you by the lovely Linda.
Supplies and materials: 
Paper card and envelope (I use the ready made card and then add paper, stamps and other items)
Stamps
Colored Paper
Markers, Crayons, Pencils (to color in the stamps)  

Letters to spell the word LOVE - I might use these to make glass tile necklaces, they're printed on photo paper. 

Adhesive to glue the paper and other items down onto the card. You can use tape, glue, zots or any other product you prefer. 

Step 1 - Layout your items as a sample. 
I know I want to use the letters, so I cut them out first using a paper cutter with a straight edge. 
Step 2 - I know I want to use red for Valentine's Day, so I cut a piece of red paper as a background for the letter and cut out a heart. 

Step 3 - Place your content on the (white) card to see how it look. The red background is too big for the card.  
Step 4 - Still playing with the layout, I placed a stamp in the lower right corner to see how it would look. (We have 4 cats, so you can say we're cat lovers. John spoils them more than I do.)
Step 6 - Layout - I was going to use the heart stamp, but decided it's too flowery for my husband, so it doesn't get used. 
Step 7 - I glued the letters to the red background and cut it to fit the letters. 

Step 8 - The letters are glued on the red background onto the card. The red heart is also glued to the card. Now I want to add the cat stamp and ink it with purple. 


Step 9 - I decide to add a stamp to the inside too. The second images shows what it looks like. 

The card is finished, but I don't seem to have a picture of the completed front, but you get the idea.
Step 10 - Clean up - clean the stamps with a stamp scrubber. I use water and a little hand soap to wash off the stamps.  


Voila! - A handmade Valentine's Day card - Cover (almost complete) 
Inside bottom - where the signature goes. 


A Little More About Linda: 
My Inspiration: I am inspired to create women's handmade kippot (headcoverings) and Judaica jewelry because it's fun to celebrate holidays and special events (like bar/bat mitzvahs).  I believe every girl or woman should have a handmade memento of the occasion so that every time it's worn, she'll remember the event again. 
Gemstone shapes and colors also inspire me to make combinations that are unique. I also consider the gemstone characteristics to help people attain positive attributes. And, who doesn't love the sparkle and light of Swarovski crystals? 
My Creating Style: Mostly, I am a self-taught jewelry designer and I started creating jewelry in 2008. I joined Etsy, but didn't list anything for a few months. I began with pretty simple jewelry and then decided to focus more on a Jewish niche. After taking a few classes in wire wrapping, I really fell in love with wire and beads. 
My Biggest dream: I'd like my jewelry and kippah designs to be a household name, that people love LinorStore Jewelry and Kippot by Linda B and can purchase items in retail shops and on my website. I see happening after I retire. 
You can find the lovely Linda in the following places: 
My About Page on my Website
Sign up for my newsletter and get a free jewelry cleaning report 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...