Monday, September 16, 2013

Essentials Every Girl Should Have In Her Car At All Times

 

Royal Canadian Cyber Intelligence Service

So I did not go to class today, because well, I was about halfway between my place and my school when my tire went flat, again, for the 5th time in 3 months. Thank goodness for AAA.

But because my car keeps being annoying with the flats I’ve learned what I should have in my car at all times, and I decided to share with you all!

1st and foremost, you should ALWAYS have a spare tire, jack and things needed to change said tire. this is something I still have a problem with, because I’ve yet to get a spare for my car.

2. to go with the 1st item, you should ALWAYS have an emergency car kit in your car, this includes, but is not limited to: Jumper cables, Tire patching kit, screwdriver, Hammer, Poncho/raincoat, flashlight with extra batteries, electrical tape, flares or flashers

3. first aid kit. (yes a fully stocked first aid kit)

now on to the other things.

4. phone charger for car and wall. Every time I have gotten a flat lately it has been when my phone is almost completely dead. I thank goodness I have a car charger BUT a wall charger would also be very handy.

5. sneakers- yes I know this is a strange one, but I broke down the other day in my work clothes, the ones I wore for our company inspection… walking in loose gravel in my pretty heels was NOT fun. also what if you are broken down somewhere with no signal? the sneakers will help you walk to that gas station you skipped a few miles back.

6. pillows, blankets, warm jacket. I can honestly say I used to have these with me all the time, but lately I haven’t and when the night is cold, or a cold day that blanket could help save your life. if you don’t want to carry an entire blanket they make folded emergency blankets, stock a few of them in your first aid kit for emergencies. I have the emergency blankets in 1 per person that can fit in my car, so a total of 5 for my car.

7. extra cash- this is something everyone should keep in their car. because you never know when you will need to pay a toll, feed a meter, need emergency gas, oil etc. I keep about 15 in ones in a tiny wallet that is in my big tool box, no one but me knows its there… and well you guys do too now.

8. Water and food- You should always have at least 5 water bottles in your car. if you are stranded then the water could help you. also if your radiator over heats you have water to cool it. All the professionals recommend carrying MREs in your car too, but I don’t have those. my emergency food is a bag of Halloween candy and a box of Lemon Luna Bars. BUT the Luna bars at least are healthy for you.

9. Pens and Paper.

10. Books, magazines, homework- while waiting that hour or four for AAA you need something to do, playing on your phone is not a good idea, because you need to keep the charge. So Keeping a few books to read, magazines to flip through or homework to work on are a good idea.

What do you consider essentials to have in your car??

5 comments:

Lanaya | Raising Reagan said...

It's amazing the things we wish we had in our cars after the fact.
Great list.

Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
Raising-Reagan.com

Unknown said...

My mom always told me to keep cash in the car too! People have thought I was crazy but it has come in handy many, many times:) I hope you don't have any more flats any time soon!

Coming by from the Bloody Mary Link up:)

Miss Angie said...

This is a great list! Thanks for sharing!

Mia @ The Chronicles of Chaos said...

Goodness gracious, that stinks about the flat tires! No wonder you don't have a spare!

And I love this list, so helpful. I definitely need to get some of those emergency blankets.

Amanda Moments said...

Sneakers are also handy if you have to run from a crazed serial killer carjacker (I watch too many scary movies, haha). I always make sure to have some blankets and food in my car, but I'm missing some other essentials for sure:(

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...