Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

In Honor of Valentine's Day I am doing the 13 Quotes I love most.


13. From The Princess Bride (Book)
"Don't you understand anything that's going on?"
Buttercup shook her head.
Westley shook his too. "You never have been the brightest, I guess."
"Do you love me, Westley? Is that it?"
He couldn't believe it. "Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches! If your love were -"
"I don't understand that first one yet," Buttercup interrupted. She was starting to get very excited now. "Let me get this straight. Are you saying my love is a grain of sand and yours is this other thing? Images confuse me so - is this universal business of yours bigger than my sand? Help me, Westley. I have the feeling we're on the verge of something just terribly important."

12. George Sand 1804-1876, French Novelist

There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved.

11.
"Death can not stop true love, it can only delay it for a little while."
from the movie "The Princess Bride"

10.
"This is true love. Do you think this happens everyday?"
Westly; from the movie "Princess Bride"

9.
"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."
Source Unknown

8.
"When during sad times an angel should come to you, open your eyes and see who that angel is, for that is your one true love."
Source Unknown

7.
"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about but few have seen."
Francois de La Rouchfoucauld

6.
"Love is not always convenient, but if it is true love, it will outlast any strain, overcome any obstacle, and grow consistently and exponentially for all eternity."
Russell Conner

5. "
The foundation of any love story is trust."
Source Unknown

4.
"If I could be anyone in the world, I would be me...in love with you."
Source Unknown

3.
"All I know is that it is you I want to see waiting for me at the altar, it is you I want holding my hand in the delivery room, and it is you I want to spend the rest of my life with."

2.
"Death cannot kill what is not measured by time. I'll love you forever, and when I die, whatever part of me is left, will love you, far beyond eternity."
Source Unknown

and My most Favorite Quote of all time isn't directly about love but it is about those in love who kiss....


1.
There have been five great kisses since 1642 B.C. ... (before then couples hooked thumbs.) And the precise rating of kisses is a terribly difficult thing, often leading to great controversy...Well, this one left them all behind. Grandfather from the Princess Bride

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...